Assistant managers are the backup to the food service store manager. Pride’s promise is to provide fast & friendly service, to enhance careers, share financial success, and be part of a socially & environmentally responsible company.
- 401(k) savings plan
Medical, dental, vision insurance
Paid vacation, sick, personal time
Matching contributions to approved charities
Key Assistant Food Manager Responsibilities:
· Provide exceptional customer service
· Follows proper food safety and sanitation protocols
· Prepares food consistent with our recipe & procedure book
· Supports management in day to day operations and supervision of food staff members
· Assist in essential functions of food service crew members
· Responsible for Food Service Manager’s duties in their absence
· Trains new food service crew members
· Accurately process sale payments through P.O.S.
· Complete daily logs for temperatures, pars, waste, & prep
· Promote & discuss our Pride Star App
· Perform other duties as requested
· Maintain a safe, clean, well-lit store
· Minimum 1 year experience in the food service industry
· Good understanding of food safety & sanitation
· Good understanding of standard food service equipment
· Strong communication skills via verbal and written instruction
· Ability to operate a computerized P.O.S. system
· Ability to bend, stand, stoop, reach, push, lift, and walk the entire workday
o Lift up to 15-30 pounds
· Understanding of basic math
· Read & Speak English
· Reliable Transportation
· Provide proper work authorization identification
About the Company
Pride is not your typical convenience store. Today, we are the largest independent chain of gas & fresh market stores in Western Massachusetts with over a century of good service in our region. Now, Pride is a proud partner with ArcLight, a leading private equity firm focused on energy and energy transition infrastructure.
Pride believes in treating all employees as true partners through sharing, teamwork, respect, and with the highest ethics and professionalism. We believe in giving every partner the opportunity to obtain satisfaction from their work each day, to use their best judgment at all times, and to build a rewarding career with us. Through our partners and our activities, we hope to earn the respect of all communities as a responsible, sharing, company.